Tuesday, September 26, 2006

12 Things To Do While on Maternity Leave

I won't even publish the original list I made with my first baby - I had things on there like 'learn photoshop' and 'create website' and 'reorganize garage!'

When you have your first baby you will realize that it's NOT about multi-tasking, but about slowing it all down - a c section did that for me real quick! Here's my revised version...

Lisa T’s List for the new mommy while on Maternity Leave:

1. Sleep whevever possible.

2. Watch Oprah

3. Learn the 5 s's to calm child from Happiest Baby on the Block (this book saved my life!)

4. Learn how to breast pump from friend. (Learn from the experienced!)

5. Put all skinny clothes on the top shelf and not look at for a while.

6. Eat chocolate croissants.

7. Walk the neighborhood often.

8. Read magazines (because forget concentrating on books).

9. Be loud in the house while baby is sleeping so you don't have to tiptoe around.

10. Take back or give away all baby gifts when you realize that you don't need all the stuff – it's essentially you and the baby and your boob (or bottle) for 3 to 6 mo.

11. Take tons of digital pix for instant sharing with relatives over the internet. (I recommend a .mac account, snapfish or kodak gallery.)

12. Bathe with your baby – they love it!

Enjoy your wonderful, lovely new human. They smell so good when they’re new. Welcome to Mommyhood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home