Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Real or Fake Trees for the Kiddies?

I have to confess I'm a tree purist and have wonderful Christmas memories of going to select the tree and bringing it home and decorating. I still love to get up early and turn on the tree and just spend that one moment alone with twinkle lights before the madness of day begins - especially with kids now... And man does the house smell good with pine. Nonetheless, I bought us a fake tree last night, already rigged with lights - took 10 minutes (if that) to put the 3 pieces together, fluff it and plug it in. The husband and I fought every day last year over needles all over the living room every day and the Toddler mangled that tree somthing fierce.

So fake tree = less holiday hassle I guess. Sigh. My kids could care less by the way, they just think it's neat to have a tree in the house regardless. I'm on the hunt for a good pine candle I can light up...out of reach of small hands of course. What's your thought - real or fake?

- LT

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you lost your mind!!!
Real of course, is there not a little bit of the northwest left in you. There is not a pine candle that could replace that smell and besides going out to choose a tree is a family tradition, picking out a fake tree at the local big box store is just not the same. What's next fake snow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home