Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pregnancy, Sunblock and Being Skinny

I occasionally like to peruse USA today's surveys. You know, see what my fellow Americans are saying on different topics. Here's a few interesting ones from today:


I'm thinking I got gipped on my pregnancy bill from UCLA. Now granted I got a C section 2x - but I do recall my first bill was just over $30,000 (in 2004)! So where do they get THIS average? I know they sent an awful lot of doctors my way for a 'consult' and you should've seen the delivery room! Word gets out when you're in the hospital and have decent insurance. I'm just saying....


Honestly you'd think with ALL the articles on sun damage this and skin cancer that that 100% of America would be using 30 spf or over. I use 50 I'm so fair. This survey was surprising to me. Although I am a huge fan of sunscreen, I read a study recently that said we sunblock users were now Vitamin D deficient (ie. much Vitamin D comes from exposure to the sun). There's always a positive with a negative or vice versa in the media is seems.


Well let's see, if I could remain my own smart self as is now, then I'd go with the skinny too. But if I were born dumb as a stick, I might go with the brains...but then would I even know I was dumb as a stick?

- LT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home