Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hollywood mom

Today I was a Hollywood mom. Despite the fact that right after Oliver's audition yesterday, he flipped out of a shopping cart and gave himself a bit of a black eye. (am I the worst mom ever?) and this is on top of the huge bruise on his forehead from leaping off the couch into the coffee table....different story.
My son spent the day out in Malibu on a photoshoot for Oshgosh/Carters and woohoo we get to put some money in an account for him for college! I am not a mom who drags him around to auditions so don't hate me. I go if it's convenient, not too far away and worthwhile.
Hollywood moms scare me. With my supersonic hearing (not really) I picked up snippets of conversations. "We nnnnnnever have to wait this long.uh!" "We drove in from Las Vegas" my thought-WHAT? you drove 5 hours plus for THIS? "We drove up from San Diego" my thought again..."WHAT, you drove 2+ hours for this?" and not only that they drove up for the audition yesterday as well and got the call this morning at 9am and drove up again. Ummmmmmmmm. yyyeah. And there I was with my shiny happy little boy- among the scary moms all talking about "Oh my daughter does ALL the Land's End catalogs. They took us to Florida and in March we may be going to Hawaii" "I'm so lucky I have twins because if one can't do it the other can." All this is going on and I am wondering what craft service is going to give us for lunch.
I DO wish I could put make up on myself that would take away MY dark rings under my eyes. Oliver's black eye magically disappeared with the magic of the makeup artist.
My favorite "thing" of the day was this bag one of the moms had.
Sparkely and studded in gold with the word "supermodel". Inside was all her daughters papers etc... Scared of that. if I ever somehow get to that please kick me.

-SBH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home