Friday, June 16, 2006

Baby Geyser Shield

My first child is a girl so I never had to deal with "that other part". My new 10 day old baby is a boy and I am discovering that wee willie winkie is also a little geyser. I find myself searching around for something, anything to put over his "pee-pee" (sorry but penis just sounds too mature at this point) everytime I am changing his diaper. Last night during his third feeding, through a blur of incoherent thoughts and fatigue I had a great idea....At least I thought/think so. I was sitting there rocking Oliver in my arms as he gnawed away at my aching breast and my eye drifted over to my breast pad resting on the arm of my glider. Why not recycle my breast pad? It's not only very absorbant, but also round, domed and pretty much fits perfectly over "it". I change my pads fairly often so they would never qualify as dirty. If you are uncomfortable with "used" pads, then you can use new ones- but I like the idea of recycling and you are gonna wipe him down anyway. So there is my idea. I wish I could say "Hurray for middle of the night revelations!" but at this juncture I would rather be sleeping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home