Monday, June 19, 2006

Desi's Book Pick of the Week 6.19.06

Nighty Night by Wendy Cheyette Lewison

I know this book by heart - I think I've read it 100 times. My son would not go to sleep withough reading it for months. I'm a big fan of any book that ends with a kid going to sleep! It's a terrific book for little people. The book has nice chunky pages with wipe clean surfaces and it contains eleven descending graduated cut-outs of bright yellow crescent moons that figure creatively in the imagination of a small boy not so anxious to go nighty-night. The simple drawings are cute and colorful and filled with fun adventures. The simple text is lively and leads a little one patiently to slumberland. It's a very dear book any child will love. My only complaint is the wire binding which will deteriorate with use...so be gentle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home