Sunday, July 09, 2006

6 am laugh

This Sunday morning I was up at 5am to feed my 1 month old. Between suckling, gnawing, burping and actually eating he takes about an hour for each feeding. He does this twice in the night so I feel like I am never really getting any sleep. Today at 5:45am my three old daughter,Lulu, woke up. She used to get up around 6:30-7am but since the baby was born, she has been up earlier. Anyway- she called from her room for her Daddy. My husband went in, got her and brought her into our bed. She lay there for about 5 minutes then went back into her room and brought in a pile of books. My daughter likes to lay on my arm and cuddle as I read to her. Before Oliver was born we did this every morning. I try to continue the tradition but I am just so tired and it is really hard to do with an infant latched on to your breast. I really try to cherish these times because I know they won't last forever. Then again.... I think I am thankful they won't? I am torn....
So during all the morning "activity" I had a good laugh when, while sandwiched in between my kids, my husband looked at me and said "Remember the days when we used to sleep in until 6:30?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home